Wednesday 5 March 2014

First steps

I ventured out today for my first run post baby. I've been looking forward to it since the start of the week. Makes me chuckle when I think of all those training mornings when I've struggled to haul my bum out of bed to go for a run. Running after a five month break is strange. It felt oh so familiar but at the same I felt like a fish out of water. I puffed my way up a couple of hills and had to stop and walk here and there. I feel like I'm back to square one and a beginner runner again. I guess that's what I am. It's really exciting though. I know I won't be able to dedicate training runs like I used to, I've just got to fit them in when I can. I feel like I've come through a bit of a dark tunnel and have made it out the other side. Surprisingly my pelvic floors held up (they are shot to pieces still and technically I probably shouldn't be running yet). It's my boobs that suffered. I need to invest in a new sports bra that will hold the milk jugs in place. Time run? 30 minutes Soundtrack of Dido's Take My Hand

No comments:

Post a Comment